Sunday, November 7, 2010

Yosemite National Park

"Rain rain go away - come back another day!" Liam, Aidan, please come and sing for us in the car tomorrow! Bring your instruments too! I don't want another day like today. We have been in the car all day - and it's been raining without a single break all day! We jammed out with good music and we caught up on everyone else's lives, so it wasn't a bad drive. It just sucks that we had such bad luck!

We arrived at Yosemite National Park - and it was; rainy, cloudy, foggy and grey. Woopie! "We'll just try to see as much as possible on our way through and hopefully it stop". Psssshhhyyy... no way! We got it all the way through with a sweet addition; our hwy was CLOSED. Great. Now we had to make a detour to southern Cali. Wonderful! Bah. 

I should't complain, like I said we had a great day in the car, and when we did see the landscape it was beautiful! For sure! We saw some really big trees, crazy high mountains, waterfalls etc - It just would have been so much more beautiful and amazing if it hadn't been so damn foggy! 
Driving up and down the mountains was kind of fun and interesting. With all the fog you couldn't see the cars in front of you and to add to the suspense for my "afraid-of-heights-mom", there was no fence or security railing on the tiny swirly roads we used. She did a great job driving, I'm so happy I didn't have to do that drive. It just wasn't appealing at all considering the weather conditions. But she did great, almost too great, I had to tell her to slow down a couple of times! I mean I was in the passenger seat close to the actual cliffs and edges, and I did see all the way down there, from time to time! It was pretty darn high, and with my good imagination... Don't even go there, my imagination is 110% + with 3D. It's like a free IMAX. I can really see anything in my head! Anyways, let's just say it didn't seem like a too cool of a roller coaster, to get hydroplaning on top of that mountain... 

Nahh... Better luck tomorrow, even though today was a fair small adventure! 
Mom: "It's like driving in Heaven!".
Actually if you stepped out from the car like this, you got a little bit better of a view. Though this is about the best we could get from the car, if we were lucky. Behind all this fog you have a deep valley with rivers, surrounded by high mountains and waterfalls. It was really beautiful!

Location update
In the middle of nowhere - Bakersfield, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment