Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More food and fun in Louisiana!

Today was the day for Grandma's 90-th birthday celebration. We went to Crawfish Town to meet up with tons of relatives for lunch. Yumiyum - more southern food for me! So excited! Corey and I decided to share a big platter with different foods, so that my taste buddies could experience as much as possible. 
This was our Lunch Menu
Appetizer 
Salad with Cesar dressing
Seafood Gumbo with crawfish, crab and shrimp

Entree
Fried frog legs, Crawfish boulettes, stuffed shrim, stiffed crab,
Seafood jambalaya, fried catfish and fried oysters

Dessert
Breadpudding with rum sauce

Salad and Sea food Gumbo

The gigantic Platter!

Yummie!

Time to eat some frog leg!
Couldn't stop laughing at first, how sad is
it that I saw all these Disney frogs jumping around as I took my first bites..?!

Oh Man! It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! The gumbo was amazing! Frog legs was the most shocking thing on the platter. It taste almost like chicken. I ate my share of the leg, but I have to confess that I saw several Disney frogs jump around in my head...! The only thing I would skip next time is the oysters. Those muddy little things can stay where they come from. Yuuuck! 

Like I mentioned above, I got a chance to meet many of Corey's relatives. This was fun! You should probably not mention favorites in a family on a blog, but I can't help but loving that I finally got to meet Savannah and Abigail! Corey, as the proudest uncle there is on God's green earth, have spoken so well about these two little angels. It was awesome to finally meet them, and see that they were as wonderful (if not even more) in reality!

My favorite of Corey and Abigail! Precious!
(Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Savannah).
After dinner it was Campus time! College and Campus is two big words in America, and they are way more important then elsewhere I have been. We went to LSU (Louisiana State University), where most of the Hansen's down here went to school. The Campus was really nice. Not at all what I had imagined from my time at NOVA and Sojourner. The buildings were big and old, spread out over a large area. They had parks and fountains and I loved what I saw when I later on walked inside one of the buildings. AND GUESS WHAT else they have?!! Their school mascot walking around fully ALIVE. They got a FREAKING TIGER! The tiger's name's Mike and he is completely beautiful! Such a gorgeous animal! I can't believe they have a permit to keep a full grown tiger on Campus. Yep yep, LSU got itself a new fan (even if Mike wouldn't have been there). 
LSU also have old dorms and buildings that hardly are used. Of course in the spirit of Halloween we entered one of these (since it's still open) in hope to find a way in to the stadium. Dumdumdumdumdum.......! It was creepy! They place was trashed down, many of the doors were open and many rooms had broken windows. We passed several restrooms with dying blinking lights, why on earth the power still would be on up there? It was pretty awesome to walk through, knowing that we probablly shouldnt be there and not knowing if something was in there. 
After a few stairs up and down we found an unlocked door.. And tadaaa! - we walked straight in to the stadium. There it was; LSU's very own Death Valley! Those football fields are pretty breath taking when you stand on the bottom staring up and around. We chilled here for a little bit, just to learn on our way out, that we couldn't get back through the door. The old movie trick! Bam! A little nervous about finding a way out we make our way to a fence. One - Two - Three, Sara decide to climb it right there and then, under the biggest light. Four - Five - Six, and so did Corey. We landed with grace on our -together - four feet. Again, just to realize something else plain stupid; We did all this in front of two cops who stood in front of - guess? - LSU's police station! We always have such a good timing with everything...! But also good luck, no one saw us. Now we just had to tip toe back to the parking lot, hoping we didn't get a parking ticket for not having a permit sticker on our car ....

We snapped some cool pictures on Campus and in the stadium that I will update with later.

After our Halloween excitement it was time for something lit up with laughs and Food. Baton Rouge Fair NEXT! It was a nice field filled with fun things to do. We took it easy, walked around and just enjoyed being where we were. We ordered what I believed was my first real Corn dog, and a big stuffed shrimp and crawfish taco. Tasty!
Something that completely took me by surprise, was when we on our way home got Daiquiris to go! In Louisiana they have drive through's where you can order mixed drinks in a to go cup! They hand these alcohol mixed beverages to you while you're driving your car! How double moral is that?! Anyways, I won't argue against it now. That yummie Daiquiri shouted my name out loud, all the way from the Fair, there's no way I would let it down! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment