Friday, November 19, 2010

Las Vegas

Las Vegas!

Shows, concerts, amazingly big hotels, drinks, party, Vegas weddings, GAMBLING etc etc etc! It all crossed our minds, over and over again. What should and shouldn't you expect from Vegas?
Well, it was all there, just... it felt a lot smaller and less exclusive then I thought it would be. Even though I thought I had hardly no expectations, I got slightly (maybe even a little bit more then that) disappointed. I guess it depends on how you choose to do Vegas, but I think we all had expected more from this world known, never resting, never sleeping city.

Driving in to Vegas was kind of cool. We had been in a pitch dark dessert and all of a sudden, we had a horizon of lights, in front of us. It was sweeeeeet after driving in the dessert and through small towns for days and days. Closer to the city, with this ocean of lights on our right hand side, it was crazy how nothing, nothing at all was on our left side. Not a single streetlight, fast food place, house, no nothing! It was just so dark. Fascinating to see such a sudden and clear 'beginning' and 'end' of a City.

Someone had also decided to come over for a day and a half in the middle of our stay; Sebastian! It was great and we had a lot of fun, to bad it was only for such a short time :(

Mom finding one of Vegas Wedding Chapels
Our Vegas adventure was filled with shopping, food and gambling. Can you believe I kept my Mom out till 4.30 AM??!! :D We also went to see a show; Ka at the MGM and Bodies The Exhibition at the Luxor. Both pretty cool and crazy.

Ka was pretty cool, the story line wasn't the best on this specific Ka show, but the moving stage was crazy! It's hard to explain the show and do it justice while trying, the best way for you would be to check it out on YouTube;


Bodies The Exhibition was also really cool. I loved it. At first I found it crazy and disgusting, but I was also really excited to see this, since I've been wanting to go for a while now. The excitement overtook the stomach! ;) This 'Exhibition' is like a museum kind of thing where you look at the human body. All body parts, everything, is real. It's cleaned up and preserved to the tiniest detail. The brain, heart, lungs, the nerve system, everything! I don't even know what to say! People in China donate their bodies for scientist to do all this. I just couldn't believe my eyes when I was looking around at all these things that I've only been reading about in school.. To see these things in real life was something else! You can't compare it to the pictures or fake skeletons etc, that the teacher bring to class. I got to hold a brain and a lung. Imagine?! Eeeewww! but since the opportunity was there, I just HAD to hold it. But the thought of it being real (as in, from the inside of another human) was as cool as it was wrong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment