Friday, October 29, 2010

Mississippi - An unpleasant departure, but a sweet arrival

I arrived safely in Jackson Mississippi! Finally! I was and am so excited about this trip! I am suppose to meet up with my friend Corey whom I backpacked Hawaii with.

Now this adventure start already at the airport, where I realize I have repacked my bags uneven. Yes people, I had overweight in my big bag. You who know me, know that I pack light when I fly. Great. Awesome. I died right there and then. All my bags were super tight packed since I'm not traveling, I'm moving! I felt just like the over packed donkeys I smile at when I check in my lightly packed luggage - if I have to check in at all! How would I get on this plane with all my stuff? Nate ran back and forth weighing my bag while I unpacked and repacked. This is how I got on the plane;

  • Scarfs around my neck together with my purse hidden under my London sweat shirt. 
  • All my electronics in my jeans pockets
  • Clothes in my sweaters belly pocket
  • Books in my hand
  • A roller bag with broken wheels 
  • An over over over packed laptop bag -with no lap top in it
  • My big winter coat with my small winter coat inside of it, and another sweat shirt on my arm
  • And as a cherry on top; I wore a pair of high heels. (Heels weigh more then flats)
It was a show. 
Luckily, the flights carry on luggage shelfs got full before I boarded and they checked my one carry on luggage for free - all the way to Jackson! I didn't even have to carry it through my connection flight. Wooah, you all won't understand what a relief that was!

Arriving in Jackson was great. I talked to a bunch of nice people on the plane and it was so great to finally see Corey again. And kind of embarrassing, cause of all my heavy luggage... His last comment on the phone before my flight had been; "Well, just dump everything in a box and backpack the rest of your trip". I was like "Yeah right, say that when you see all my stuff!". And now he did. And he got himself a nice work out as well, helping me carry all my crap to the car. Sorry Corey..!

While getting into the car we saw an incoming thunderstorm and decided to pick up some stuff and go to the reservoir to watch it. It was an awesome lightning show, I love storms!

No comments:

Post a Comment