Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 17 ~ Aloha Big Island - Aloha Oahu!

"Good morning Sunshine!" ...or never mind. That's not the phraseto greet Corey with at 5.50 am, when getting picked up by a happy Sherrie. He is so obviously not a morning person.. We all were cheerful (Nana and papa came to say good bye too) and I think that made it a little easier on him, but it took a few hours before he was back to his good ol' happy self.
We got some gifts and had breakfast before Ileene came to pick us up to take us to the air port.

Wehad now realized that we didn't have the same flights back to Oahu, and you can't rebook your flights. Well, we knew there was a reason for us to have the same last names: wouldnt it suck to fly back on a half full plane by your self? Yes it would, and that's why my dear Big Brother charmed the lady and she gave him new tickets instead of a stand by one. Oh, good charma!

Back at Oahu, Corey stayed and kept me company before my flight. We celebrated a good advenure with a nice dinner and tropical drinks. Relaxing in the tiny little park, eating ice cream and feeding birds, just enjoying our last couple of hours with more talk and stories.

I had such a great time in Hawaii, its been my biggest adventure in America, except actually coming here to live and work in DC. It was completely amazing! I loved every seond, even the less exotic once. I recommand everyone to go to Hawaii, it's a very special place. The nature, the people, the food and the culture! You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment