Friday, October 29, 2010

Jackson - The grand tour

During the day we drove around Jackson and I got to see some of Corey's favorite places. It's nice to finally come to a state that have different gas stations, grocery stores and shopping! Haha

After driving and walking around, we went to a Greek restaurant and it was time to finally meet the Hansen's! It was cool to meet all the people that Corey was talking about in Hawaii. They were so nice and talkative, the dinner went by way to fast!
We dropped by at Women Night  on our way home so I got to check that out and also talk more to Coreys Mom and Sister. Afterwards we drove over to Corey's grandparents. It was a pretty interesting meeting. I got a lot of history from their family, I read old papers from the 1800's and 1900's in Danish, got to see all different kind of collections. They collect a lot a lot of stuff. And I got to see Grandma Hansen's Christmas tree. Yes, her Christmas tree! It's a tree completely dressed in Hershey ornaments and it stays up all year around. Their house, filled with things, was really interesting haha :)

The day came to an end with a movie night. I even got a chance to show our cheesy movie about Åmål! Well well.... It's always something! Oh wait a minute! What IS something, is the raccoons that we chilled with last night! They have raccoons coming up to the door partying on cat food during the nights. It was pretty cool to just lay there and take their pictures, I love raccoons!

Now today we are headed down to Batton Rouge to meet more relatives and to catch more of the southern culture! Corey is really excited to show me this place, I think it will be a lot of fun. Also, before heading home we will do New Orleans. Finally! Everyone talk about New Orleans, and now I will get to see it during Halloween!

A heads up for 'worried' family; I am unsure about reception down there, and I won't bring my computer. I'll check in whenever I can. The plan is to be back in Jackson on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment