Friday, December 3, 2010

Србија - Serbia

FINALLY! After a long flight from LA to Germany, surviving a freaking long lay over in Frankfurt - 12 hours! I finally finally got of the plane that took me to Belgrade, Serbia! The flight was late, I grabbed my bags and ran through the glass doors, and there she was, my Mima! We start laughing almost screaming, hugging and kissing! After such long time I finally got to see my best friend live! :D

I spend 10 days in Serbia. We traveled back and forth between Novi Sad and Sid, we also went to S. Mitrovica where we met up with Brana and her 10 month old son. It was great to see her again and her son was so cute!

In Sid everything was the same, I remembered every street, every store and  every café I fell in love with during my first visit three years ago. Serbian hot chocolate, finally I would get it again. Yummie! Oh how I have craved it!

To see Milana's family again was amazing! We were so happy to see each other and they were all more excited about speaking English this time. They were not as shy as before. Minja, Mima's younger sister really tried hard and improved her skills a lot during the week, especially at the house parties! Haha
I love going out in Sid, it's so relaxed. The house parties this year was really cool. Held in an apartment with black light's and stuff, really cool. Going out clubbing was just like I remembered it, so crowded and pumped to a thousand.

Most of our time we spend in Novi Sad, Mima was so excited about this. She goes to college there and it's a big difference to Sid. Novi Sad is a bigger city, the architecture is beautiful and the café life and night life is amazing since it's a student city. We spend the days sight seeing, shopping and catching up and almost every night we went out at the cafés and just had a blast! Awesome with girl time! But I had totally forgotten, how freaking long it takes for two-three girls to get ready! Oh my god... I got nothing on Mima and her room mate! Just so y'all know.

I also had the luck to catch up with Miki again, both in Novi Sad and in Sid. When I was in Sid, he took me out to the village where his family lives and I got to meet them all for a Serbian Sunday dinner and later we went to the lake. Pretty cool. It was so much food! I thought I was done two or three times, but then the next thing came out to the table! Not to complain tho. We had a lot to catch up on, and we didn't have time to cover it all.

I could write a whole essay about Serbia, what we did, were we went, who we saw. About the life, the food, the drinks, the people and whatever you'd like. But my internet access is kind of limited and I don't want to spend too much time on the computer as I am visiting my friends :)

But I will have thousands and thousand of stories to tell y'all when I get home! No doubt about that!!!

2 comments:

  1. It s grate to write blog :)
    Go girl!!! YOu will do a lot of in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina! Did you start your blog yet? ;) I'd love to read about you and the family! :)

    ReplyDelete